Five men wake up in a locked-down warehouse with no memory of who they are. They are forced to figure out who is good and who is bad to stay alive.
about the film:
- Director Simon Brand
- Starring Jim Caviezel, Greg Kinnear, Bridget Moynahan, Joe Pantoliano, Barry Pepper, Jeremy Sisto, Peter Stormare
- Writer Matthew Waynee
- Director of Photography Steve Yedlin
- Editor Luis Carballar & Paul Trejo
- Music Angelo Millo
- Producers Rick Lashbrook, Darby Parker, John S. Schwartz
- Executive Producers Randolph De Lano, Tamara De Lano, Cedric Jeanson, Frederick Levy, Ariel Veneziano
- Co-Producers Ross M. Dinerstein, Russ Chasney, Bobby Schwartz, John Yull
Genre: Drama / MySTERY / crime
Running time: 85 minutes
SCRIPTED FILM - 2006
A snappy little thriller with superb performances and an engaging, thought-provoking plot. More films like this, please.
This feature debut by screenwriter Matthew Waynee and director Simon Brand is a knife-sharp psychological action thriller that beyond its macho mechanisms is all about the malleability of identity, and alliance based on gut trust of perceived character and the logistics of immediate expediency…the talented makers of Unknown get beyond the plot schematics of trust, calculating lies and possibly recovered memories to reach something sublime: the idea of the human being as a social animal who, given the chance to step outside the existential exigencies of life, believes that he's intrinsically decent. But is he really?